How to make Neem Pesticide at home
Updated: Aug 12, 2022
When we do gardening and grow plants, we always need to take some precautions so that we get healthy plants. Sometimes even after taking all the safety measures, we find pests and diseases in our plants.
Pests and diseases have always been a major challenge for gardeners. Chemical pest control is still a major method of pest control today, although due to its long-term side effects, attention has been paid to conventional and biological pest control in the late 20th century. Today it has been proved that the use of chemicals in gardening and farming is very harmful to the plants, soil and environment.
An organic pesticide method to control pests and diseases can be both safe and effective for our plants. Neem liquid spray is one of the best organic solutions for both outdoor and indoor plants. So, in this post, we will discuss how to make neem pesticides for plants at home.
What is neem pesticide?
AZADIRACHTIN INDICA is the scientific name of the neem plant. Neem has been used in ayurvedic medicines for centuries. It is specifically used to make various insecticides and also to control pests and diseases on the plant.
According to the research, it has been found that when some Indian scientists sprayed the diluted neem pesticide on different plants, the plants did not get harmed by the locust pests which were present on the surface of the plants.
After ingesting neem, insects do not die on the spot but it creates some hormonal imbalance in them which stops the growing resistance of the insects. Therefore, we should spray neem pesticide on our plants in the gap of every 7 days which will reduce the pest's attack on the plant.
Sometimes our indoor and outdoor plants get affected by pest attacks like mealybugs and red aphids. To remove and control such pest attacks we can use neem liquid pesticides. This neem liquid pesticide is easily available in the market, also you can make it at home very easily, which is very effective and beneficial for our plants.
Tips to make Neem Pesticide at home
To make neem oil we need to compress the neem seeds, which is actually not possible at home. So let's start with the simplest method of making effective neem pesticide at home.
● First of all, pluck the neem leaves and wash them properly to remove all the dust and dirt.
● In next step, we will boil the leaves in 1-litre water for around 20 minutes.
● After 20 minutes, one-fourth of the water would be left. The colour of the water will also be changed to dark green. Now, cool at room temperature and strain the water after that.
● This solution is actually very strong, we cannot spray this directly on the plants.
● First, we need to dilute this solution with water. After this, we will add 10 tablespoons of this neem liquid to 1-litre normal water.
● Now, you can give a very nice shower to your plants and leaves with this diluted neem water. It is a 100% organic pure neem liquid pesticide.
One of the best qualities of neem liquid pesticide is that it is harmless to insects like bees and earthworms which are very helpful to our plants.
It was all about homemade neem pesticides.